St. Hilda’s School, which is privately owned, was founded in 1891. In 1977 the school became a Limited Company and is now administered by a Board of Governors.
The premises include an adjacent field used for outdoor learning, sport and break times, a tennis court and a small swimming pool, together with attractive play areas for all age ranges. At the time of its Centenary, the school was extended to include a Hall, Nursery and Art Room. The building was substantially improved in 2012-2013 with the addition of a three storey extension that has provided six new classrooms, enlarged classrooms in the centre of the building, a Science Lab and a Computer Suite. A sound-proofed Performing Arts Studio was added on the top floor in 2016, the year in which the School celebrated its 125th Anniversary.
St. Hilda’s is a member of the Independent Schools Association and the Independent Schools Council. In 1981 it was accredited by the Independent Schools Joint Council and gained re-accreditation in 1996. The Senior Management Team consists of the Headmaster, the Deputy Head and the School Business Manager.
St Hilda’s last had a full inspection by the Independent School’s Inspectorate (ISI) in October 2019. We were delighted to receive the top rating of ‘excellent’ in all areas. In November 2016 a Focused Compliance Inspection was again successfully passed in all areas. Both reports can be viewed by clicking here.