13th March 20
Form I have been busy learning all about the Polar Regions of the world.
These are found at both the far north and far south points of the globe. In the north is the Arctic and the North Pole and in the south is the Antarctic and the South Pole.
We have learnt that penguins live in the Antarctic and polar bears live in the Arctic.
Some of our favourite facts about penguins are
· There is a penguin called a Macaroni penguin.
· Baby penguins eat regurgitated food which is the same as eating sicked up food!
· There are at least 18 different types of penguins in the world.
Some of our favourite facts about polar bears are
· A polar bear has a black tongue.
· A polar bear has black skin.
· A polar bear is a very good swimmer.
We have also learnt all about Captain Robert Scott and his attempts to be the first person to reach the South Pole. We pretended to be him and wrote our own diary entries about the day when he discovered that a Norwegian man called Roald Amundsen had beaten him to the South pole.